≡ Menu

How to Straighten Teeth at Home Easily Without Braces

Being blessed with naturally straight teeth is something that not all people can boast of.

More often than not, people have teeth that’s a little crooked or perhaps misaligned. And when you want your teeth straightened, the best option is always to see an orthodontist and get braces. But if you want to know how to straighten teeth at home, then we have some helpful information here.

Like many things that you can do by yourself, it is actually possible to get straight teeth without braces.​

straight teeth without braces

Straightening the teeth is possible even without undergoing any orthodontic procedure or the expertise of your dentist – just keep in mind that this is not always the safest and most effective option.

Understanding the Idea Behind Braces

First, you have to understand that the idea behind braces is the gentle applying of pressure. The braces are designed to slowly place pressure on each tooth, eventually shifting it to the position or alignment that the dentist sees fit. Knowing that this is how braces work, you could try actually using your tongue to slowly push your teeth into the direction you want. The idea is to apply the pressure daily for an extended period of time, and if you have enough patience you might eventually see results.

Of course, applying pressure to your teeth in this way would probably only work if you really develop it as a habit. It would also depend on how many teeth you’re unhappy with. If there’s just one tooth sticking out in the wrong direction that you want to correct, then this could work.

Among other online answers to, how to straighten your teeth at home, we found suggestions to apply pressure using your fingers and in some cases even dental floss. Some people use dental floss to tie the teeth together and again apply pressure to move the teeth around.

You have to be really careful about do-it-yourself home treatments though because if you do it the wrong way, you could cause some long-term problems to the teeth and gums. You can easily apply too much pressure which can make your teeth become loose.

However, this also does not mean that home remedies don’t work, as some have done it quite successfully. You should always remember that teeth are pretty movable and positions can shift with just the right amount of pressure, so you can really influence alignment. On the other hand, you can actually make things worse.

Using Something Other Than Braces

Depending on how stubborn your teeth are, sometimes these simple home remedies won’t work as effectively or as fast as you need them to. Sometimes you need the help of some implements. Here are answers to how to get straight teeth without braces:

• Clear plastic removable aligners -This is something you can buy over the counter * and unlike braces which are permanently stuck on your teeth, you can easily remove these aligners every so often. Because they’re also ‘clear’ and invisible, you don’t have to worry about aesthetics. It’s simply like a mouth guard that aligns your teeth the way you want but doesn't encumber it the way braces do. With aligners, which you can remove during meal times, you can eat what you want when you want to, unlike braces that tend to restrict you.
  • Retainers – If the condition of your misaligned teeth is too severe to be cured by just aligners, but you still don’t want braces, then you can perhaps use retainers *. Retainers work in the same way that braces and aligners do, except instead of all the complicated wiring of braces you just work with one big wire guiding the teeth for the upper jaw and another one for the lower. Retainers should be measured properly and fitted with springs for you to be able to take them home and wear them at your convenience.

Consulting Your Orthodontist

Even if you want to straighten your teeth at home, at your own convenience, and without the use of braces, you have to remember that the best person who knows how to straighten your teeth is your orthodontist. Your dentist will examine your teeth and know what the best option is for aligning it. This does not automatically mean braces, and if you insist for other options you can really ask your dentist.

Getting your orthodontist to check your teeth will also ensure that whatever treatment you choose is not detrimental to your health in the long run. It’s always a case to case basis when it comes to teeth, and this is why you need an expert to look at your situation and give you the best options available.

Even when you opt to go for aligners or retainers, you will need your dentist to check your teeth and confirm whether or not the solution is the best one for your situation. Some measurements will also need to be done, because the aligning systems have to be custom-fit for them to work properly. Of course not all dentists offer all treatments, so you would want to get a second opinion as well.

Maintenance

As part of the human body and because they are always subjected to organic matter because of the food that you eat, your teeth are actually really prone to damage. You also use your teeth to chew your food every day, so even if you already had it straightened or if the aligning methods already worked, you still have to be wary about maintenance.

The thing with our teeth is that they tend to have a ‘memory’ and each tooth will push its way back to where it was originally located. This is why when you’re wearing retainers after braces, you need to keep it on for a period of time. The same goes for other alignment methods and interventions. At the same time, you also need to be proactive about caring for your teeth because it’s not just about straightening – it’s about overall dental care.

If you liked our article, please share it and use the comment section below to tell us about your experiences or ask any questions. Thank You!

• Although it’s a cheaper alternative I wouldn’t recommend it. There’s a reason we have medically trained orthodontists. I think if you want amazing results for straight teeth then an orthodontist is the way to go if you are considering any form of braces.

• Mac says:

Yeah, but it sucks to spend thousands of dollars on an orthodontists only to wind up with straighter, yet still noticeably crooked, teeth after wearing braces for 2 years. There are a lot less competent and a lot more greedy doctors out there now then there were 10 years ago. Just do some research and pick out whatever sounds best for you.

• Cam says:

Are there really less competent and more greedy doctors nowadays, Mac? Where on earth did you find these facts? I’d really like to know. I’m sure your statement is totally based in fact! And yes, I’m being facetious.

• Calling out bs says:

Really are there fewer competent and more greedy doctors out there now? I’d love to fact check that statement. Can I see your sources? Oh, you have none? Shocker.

Hi,

Please be patient to every comment here. We’re all humans and have the right to express our opinion and for a mistake. Thank you!

• anonymous says:

Many of us assume there are more greedy doctors out there now, and we can assume it without any basis. We dont want to pay for stuff we can do ourselves. Shocker.

• elizabel says:

People said that my teeth arent straight that hurt my feelings

Hello, Elizabel!
      I’m really sorry to hear that. Do you feel the people want to hurt you without relation to your teeth? Do they say it by friendly way? Anyway the best is to visit your orthodontist (or dentist) and ask her/him this question so you’ll get the professional answer. Alternatively you can send her/him a picture of yourself smiling. I suppose the question is about your front teeth. Tell us your experinces here after these steps please. Thank you and take care!

• John says:

My teeth are just oh my god their just messed up real bad and my parents are always working no one could take me to the dentist, no family members could take me , nobody ! Ima go to highschool this year and I feel so uncomfortable speaking to girls and people other than my friends . I need help !!!!

Hey, John!

Thank you for your question.

Since you are still not yet in high school, you have to be very careful with what help you solicit. First, find the time to talk to your parents. As a minor, you will need them to authorize any treatment from a dentist. Try explaining to them how important this is for you. Once they authorize the treatment you will most likely be able to go to the appointments on your own. So it should not take much of their time.

If you are having problems with your parents, whether it be cost or time, visit your school counselor. They will have information on who to talk to in order to get aid for straightening your teeth.

Hope it helps. Wish you success in your orthodontic journey and perfect smile!

• Amanda Wheeler says:

I have a question I have four or five gaps in my first teeth spaces how can I get them fix ?

Hello, Amanda!

Thank you for your question. There are few possible solutions to that problem. It depends on sizes of your gaps and the reasons for their appearing. But in any case I recommend you to look for a board accredited cosmetic dentist in your area who has trained and passed a series of examinations on the cosmetic dentistry. She or he will determine the reasons for the spaces and may refer you to an orthodontist (specialist in treatment with braces) or periodontist (if your spaces are the result of periodontal disease). Think through what you’re willing to invest in cost and time to accomplish that. You should also be aware that since these procedures are typically cosmetic, your dental insurance probably will not pay for them.

Sometimes if the gap was caused by a mismatch between the permanent teeth and the jaw size, the spaces can be expected to remain throughout life. I hope that’s not your case.

If you have a big spaces because you’re missing teeth, you might need extensive dental repair. This might include dental implants, a bridge or a partial denture.

If your gaps are medium or small, your dentist may suggest widening them using crowns, veneers (porcelain shells that actually fit over your teeth) or bonding (filling the gaps with dental material). If you want a quick simple and cheaper solution, bonding is the best. If you want perfect results, choose porcelain veneers (more expensive).

If you thought about cheapest solutions like gap bands so in large gaps it pulls the teeth together and it may create a space on the opposite side of the tooth. It’s not likely the best solution. Those bands could also potentially cause damage to the gums if they slip down under the tissue.

The ideal treatment is to get braces. You will probably have to wear a retainers once you complete a treatment so that gaps won’t re-open.

Hope it helps.
      Thank you!

• Alisha says:

Hi i have a snaggle tooth on the left side of my mouth the tooth stivks out drastically and i hate it! I wanted braces but my dentist doesnt agree so therefore im going to have to try home remodies? What can i do which isnt expensive and will work quick?

Hello, Alisha!

As I understand you have misaligned tooth but not broken. It’s hard to understand your case without actually seeing the whole picture. Why doesn’t your dentist agree to braces? What is her/his explanation? You can go for braces that are almost invisible, it’s called Invisalign. But I don’t think home remedies can help here. In any case I recommend to make a complete orthodontic evaluation before starting any treatment. There are few possible solutions exist without braces, like composite resin veneers, crowns, or in the worst case scenario, have your tooth extracted in case this is an extra tooth and not your permanent canine that erupted high because of crowding. I think this article on snaggle teeth will help you understand better.

Thank you!

• Lexi says:

Hey, I have a small gap between my 2 front teeth in the top row. When I was younger (7,8,9) , my gap was bigger than it is now, thanking God it has gotten smaller over the years. However, right now it’s really bothering me and I’m so self conscience of my smile because of this gap. I talked and asked my dentist/ orthodontist about braces. They said I did not need braces as well as what my family said too. I just really want my top row straight. Any help?

Lexi Hi,
      Braces are far from being the only solution to fixing teeth gap now days. There are several ways one can go about fixing teeth gap. If your gap is small enough then teeth gap bands may work for you. This is probably easiest solution to teeth gaps. Dental bonding is also a method sometimes used to fix gaps between teeth. More complex solution include crowns, implants , retainers and more. I actually just posted an article dealing with ways to fix gap in teeth. I hope you will find some helpful tips there : https://ebraces.org/how-to-fix-gaps-in-teeth/

• Sophie says:

I’m uncomfortable with my teeth but the orthadotist said they aren’t wonky enough to have braces, what can I do to straighten them?

Sophie Hi,
      Your teeth not being wonky enough to require braces are actually great news. That means that a less complex method can probably fix your teeth problems. It is hard to suggest a solution that will work well for you without knowing what is it about your teeth that bothers you. Gap bands may be enough to close simple gaps between teeth. Some cases may require an implant. Snaggle tooth can be often fixed with a retainer or a dental adjustment. Crowns or veneers can be good solutions for various teeth imperfections. There are lots of other dental techniques that can fix specific dental cases. Please tell me a bit more about your teeth problems, for me to be able to point you in the right direction. Thanks!

• Duye says:

I’m not reading this all but cool

Hello, Duye!
      Thank you for your kind and funny comment:). I wanted to know what exactly you think is cool:)? Did you like our article topic? If we get enough positive feedbacks, we will broaden this topic more in our next articles. You can save our article to finish reading it when you have a time and subscribe to our RSS Feed to get the latest updates:). Thanks.

• K says:

Hi Daniel, my big front right tooth has always been slightly wonky since I was small… my dentist always said I never needed a brace but as I have got older it has straightened slightly but not enough. I would really like to get it straight as I feel very conscious about smiling with my teeth. I have booked a dentist appointment to discuss possible treatments, but any suggests as to what sort of thing I should enquire about? I’m worried they will say no and I would really like to push to get this sorted. I have done some research but still very unsure as to what I should enquire about. Any help you can give will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Hi,
      There are various dental options to fix a crooked tooth. Sometimes a crown or a veneer is the ultimate solution. In more complex cases, where there is no actual need to wear the standard braces with brackets, retainers can be used to achieve a good result. Other common techniques are : tooth re-contouring and tooth bonding. In tooth re-contouring your dentist will alter tooth enamel to disguise the imperfection. This method will only work for relevantly simple cases. In tooth bonding your dentist will apply a resin to your tooth and polish it with laser light. Both tooth re-contouring and bonding are procedures that can be performed and finished in one dental session. Some rare cases will require a removal of the tooth and inserting an implant instead. However this is a complex procedure . You should really consider all the other options before deciding to remove one of your teeth . It is not something you will ever get back. Hope this helps you being more prepared for your dental appointment.

• Isiah says:

I have a tooth that it’s shifting in wards and causing another tooth to shift out wards any remedies that you could help with?

Isiah Hi,
      Teeth shifting can often be a sign of having periodontal problems. Other signs of having gum problems include: bleeding and swollen gum areas. Proper dental hygiene is the key to keeping your gums healthy. That includes floss, multiple brushing during the day and rinsing your mouth after every meal. Avoid eating acidic fruits (such as lemons), as those increase the sensitivity of your gums. There are several home procedures you can try to improve your gums health:
      *Rinsing your mouth with warm water and salt is a simple yet effective home remedy.
      *Massaging black pepper and turmeric mixture into the gums is a popular ayurvedic remedy. Use equal amounts of both ingredients to prepare the mixture. Avoid drinking or eating anything for at least half an our after the mixture is applied. (You do need to rinse the mouth with water after massaging your gums)
      *Massaging salt and mustard oil mixture is also known to fight mouth bacteria.
      Hope those methods will help you out!

• Katherine says:

How can you be more confident for how your teeth look like?

Katherine Hi,
      This is an interesting question. Having a beautiful smile has a tremendous effect on ones self esteem. There are lots of reasons why we can be uncomfortable with our teeth. The teeth might be crooked, crowded, chipped, misaligned or have an unnatural tint. There are different ways to go about it. Practicing thorough dental hygiene is important. However it is not enough in many cases. Sometimes wearing braces is the only solution to getting the perfect smile. Other cases might be resolved just by wearing a tooth band for few months. It is important to visit a dentist and get his evolution for each individual condition. There are various dental cosmetic fixes that can be applied to our teeth to improve our smile and make us feel more confident.

• Sadie says:

I have a question.I have a tooth that is higher than it’s supposed to be,it is an the top row of my teeth.Is there anyway that I can push it down to make it even with the others?
    Thank you.

Sadie Hi,
      Teeth being higher than the rest is a common dental problem. It is especially common for canines to be mismatched in their length.Traditional braces and elastics might just be the best options to fixing this problem. If it is a really small mismatch then Invisalign might also do the job ( however it is not the best treatment for bringing teeth up or down). Thank your for your question.

• Faisal says:

Hey denial . I really appreciate you for your replies to us I wanted ask that my front three teeth are under bitted so any help about in such case but i dont want braces or any thing like that wich’ll hurt and looks awkward

Faisal Hi,
      Thank you for your question. Invisalign considered to be a good solution for fixing under-bite problems. Unlike traditional braces , Invisalign will not make you look awkward . Those are almost invisible. When it comes to pain, invisalign are not nearly as painful as traditional braces. This is a removable solution, so you can remove them when you eat or play sports. You can read a bit more about this here.

• Cintya says:

Hi.. I have a question… My teeth are not perfect and I have these white stains in them.. I don’t want to use braces.. Is there any other option for me to straighten my teeth..

Cintya Hi,
      There are various options for teeth straightening. Braces are far from being the only solution for all the dental problems. It all really depends on what kind of teeth imperfection you are talking about. Some dental problems , like dental gaps for example , can sometimes be fixed we teeth gaps alone. Other cases will require crowns or veneers. Sometimes a dental implant is the best solution. There are various dental methods for fixing different dental problems.
      Please be more specific about how imperfect your teeth are , so I can give you a better answer.
      White spots on your teeth are most likely a sign of a damaged tooth enamel. Calcium phosphate pastes considered to be one of the treatments for this problem. Fluoride can also help with remineralization of the teeth. Mi-Paste is one of the available products that is used for removing white spots on teeth. Baking soda is one of the popular home remedies that might be applied in this case. Dentists may fix white spots with micro-abrasion, bleaching and sometimes with veneers ( that is a more aggressive treatment that is not required in most cases) . It is best to visit a dentists and check if those spots are not tooth decay related before applying any of the techniques above. Hope it helps.

• Alexis says:

Hi Daniel. About a year ago a tooth came out, but a fragment is still in there. The other tooth grew in, so the fragment is stuck and hurts really bad. I tried pulling and pushing it but its stuck. I need braces once my parents can afford it, so I need it out. What should I do? Any home remedies?

Alexis Hi,
      Since you are in pain because of this fragment I would recommend you to see a dentist ASAP. In cases that the fragment does not bother the patient, some dentist advice to give it time and it may fall on its own. However that is not the case you are describing. If the fragment is causing you pain it needs to be treated by a professional. It does not mean however that this will require you to get braces right away. Your dentist will help you eliminate the source of pain. Then you and your parents can decide when it is the right time for you to get braces if those are needed.
      To treat the pain while you are waiting for you dentist appointment : apply cold compresses to your mouth or rinse your mouth with warm salted water.
      Hope you feel better soon.

• falicia says:

My top teeth row teeth is really bothering me but I don’t have the money for braces. What should I do

Falicia Hi,
      Braces are far from being the only option for fixing all dental problems. There are many cases in which other , cheaper, dental procedures can be a solution. If you may, please be more specific about what it is exactly that is bothering you about your top teeth, so I can offer some practical advice to your situation. For example if you have teeth gaps then you might just try teeth gap bands, dental bonding or veneers. All of which are much cheaper and less complicated than braces. Severe upper-bite on the other hand will probably require braces. Thank you for your question!

• jay says:

I have overbite teeth.
    People make fun of me wherever i go or speak.
    I cannot develop my personality or talk finely.
    Help 🙁

Jay Hi,
      Overbite is a very common dental problem. It is important to understand what is causing the overbite : the teeth or the jaw. That will affect the treatment you will need.
      One of the methods to fix this dental condition is Invisalign. Together with elastics it can effectively treat many overbite problems.
      More complex overbite problems will often require traditional braces, which together with rubber bands and coils will re-position your jaw and fix the overbite.
      Some cases with very severe overbite problems might require surgery. It is best to treat this problem as early as possible.

• Knija says:

I saw something interesting a while back. If money is hard to come by and you have an overbite that’s hard to accomodate with you can help straighten them naturally and at home in a certain way. The trick is when every morning, when you wake up, using the space (that flab of skin) between your thumb and pointer finger as a “mold” or a “guide” you can add a small amount pressure to your teeth for about fifteen to twenty seconds. The reason this may work is that while we sleep, our muscles relax. Considering our gums are muscles, they relax too. Ever wake up in the morning and your teeth feel a little loose? That’s why. Now if you train your teeth while they are this way, over time you might see the results you are looking for. Though you shouldn’t take my word for it, I heard that it worked for some people, so I’d rather have a professional say if this method works and what to look out for if you do decide to try it.

• Susan says:

Hey Knija!

We’ve heard this before too and consulting with professionals shows that this is a poor way to realign teeth and potentially dangerous.

Untrained people are not able to adequately place pressure on the mouth to realign the teeth or any mouth structure. It could cause your teeth to become misaligned because your teeth strength are not equal to your jaw strength.

Fifteen to twenty seconds is not enough time to change any structure in the body, muscular or bone. This is just wishful thinking.

Finally, overbites are not generally a muscular issue but a structural issue. This is why it takes years of constant pressure to reshape the bone and tendons to a proper bite. You can’t use the fingers to change the jaw. The tiny bones and muscles of the hand are insignificant to the massive bones and muscles of the jaw. It takes 800 pounds of pressure to break a human jaw.

Each tooth can take approximately 250 pounds of force each.

However, the gums can only take 0.5 to 4 pounds of pressure. That’s why we can bite down easily and break seeds and nuts without issue –the pressure goes to bone, but a weak hit to the side of the tooth can dislocate and dislodge teeth – the pressure is on the gum.

Pushing on your teeth with your hands could produce pressures that exceed your gum’s ability to successfully hold your teeth in your mouth.

Basically, following your advice could cause people to lose their teeth and still won’t correct an overbite.

And to correct wrong data, gums are not muscles. They are several thin layers of mucosal tissues that are tightly adhered to the bone underneath. There are no muscles within the palette or gum areas.

If your teeth are loose, this is a sign of dental problems. At no time should your teeth loosen or tighten, even in sleep. More advanced gingivitis can cause this problem. If you have it, you need to see your dentist right away because losing your teeth comes shortly after.

• Tammy-lee says:

Hi,I’ve had braces for about 12 months now.The doctor said I only need 14 months.The gaps are not closing & with my two front teeth,the one tooth is kinda still on the other.I don’t know what to do.I told him about it but he seem to not see anothing wrong & says they are the same length..He also says that a chip is confusing my eyes but everyone see’s it.How can I make it correct infront?

Hello, Tammy-lee!

If you feel something wrong and your orthodontist doesn’t see it or “doesn’t want to see it”, you can get a second opinion for sure. You have all the rights to get a second opinion from other professional orthodontist if something bothers you. It’s little hard to me to advice you here, especially when you on that progressive stage of treatment. But you can make an appointment to an other orthodontist to show your teeth.

Thank you!

• Kyle says:

Do I really have to get braces like my mom says I have to get braces and is straight teeth really important. does it hurt getting the braces on and off?

Kyle Hi,
      There are lots of benefits to having straight teeth. The first one is it raises your confidence. Other people are more drawn to people that are confident. So it is easier to make a good first impression when you have a beautiful smile.
      Straight teeth are usually healthier. It is easier to clean them properly. You are less likely to have cavities or develop a gum disease with straight teeth. By straightening your teeth now you may avoid expensive and unpleasant dental procedures later in life.
      There are few types of braces you can get:
      1. The traditional metal braces with brackets. Those are recently become trendy and can come in variety of colors.
      2.There are ceramic braces that are almost unnoticeable.
      3. There are lingual braces that go behind your teeth.
      4. There are Invisialgn braces that are removable and almost invisible.
      Getting standard metal braces can cause some discomfort. Those usually cause soreness that lasts few days up to two weeks after getting them. You will probably experience some kind of discomfort after adjustment appointments as well. There are ways to deal with the discomfort caused by braces: rinsing your mouth with salt water, taking pain killers, eating cold treats and more .Other ways to relief pain are described here.
      Invisilign braces are less painful . Those might not work for any dental condition though.
      Getting braces off is not painful. It might be a bit weird but you will get used to it very quickly.
      You do need to get your teeth examined by an orthodontic before making a decision about braces. Not every dental condition requires braces.
      Thank you for your question. Hope I helped answer some of your concerns.

• Monica says:

My front teeth is one longer and another shorter ..and I don’t like to cut it also..what can I do????

Monica Hi,
      Thank you for your question. There are few procedures than can be applied to even the lengths of your teeth. If you are not interested in adjusting the length of the longer one then you need to explore methods that can make the shorter tooth longer. ( However it is recommended to evaluate your other teeth to decide which is the right way to go. Both of those teeth should be approximately the length of your canine teeth. ) Putting a veneer on the shorter tooth might be a good solution for making it longer. Bonding is a dental procedure that can also work well in some cases. Both veneers and bonding are cosmetic procedures. In bonding your dentist will apply a resin to your shorter teeth and shape it to match the other one. If you choose to go with a veneer then you will have a porcelain shell placed over your shorter tooth. Bonding is faster and less expensive than a veneer. Veneers however tend to look more natural and last longer.

• mamona says:

I have blueish purple tooth with bleeding.I have root canal which still pains how to prevent my teeth from cavities and gums prob

Mamona Hi,
      I am sorry to hear you have those painful teeth problems. Root canal treatment can fail sometimes. If the tooth that went through root canal treatment keeps showing painful symptoms it must be re-examined by your dentist.
      Things you can do to avoid cavities and gum problems in the future:
      1. Brushing your teeth after every meal with fluoride toothpaste. Rinsing your mouth with mouth rinse that contains fluoride is also beneficial.
      2. Flossing on daily basis.
      3. Lessening the amount of candies and snacks during the day.
      4. Eating lots of fresh fruits and veggies.
      5. Using a straw when drinking sugary drinks that are not so good for the teeth. (Lessen the amount of those).
      6. Visiting the dentists regularly for checkups.
      7. Dental sealants can be helpful. Those are protective layers that get attached to the chewing areas of the teeth and help prevent tooth decay.
      Hope you will feel better soon and that some of the tips above will help you avoid dental problems in the future.

• Holly P says:

my daughter had this problem of tooth pain on a “root canaled tooth”.
        The dentist could not figure out why she had this pain so eventually after months of continuing pain he removed the tooth. He was really surprised to discover that she had a 3rd root in her tooth. He didn’t spot it during the original root canal. Have your dentist do an exam on the tooth to find if you have a “hidden” 3rd root. Hopefully you can save the tooth.

• Susan says:

Hi Holly!

Thanks for sharing this information!

Many people don’t realize that some teeth will develop a third, and even fourth, root. Sometimes it just happens, sometimes it is in response to injury.

A dentist should do a full x-ray on the teeth to know what is happening before anything like a root canal. A full x-ray should be done with pain that doesn’t have a source.

• Rajat Pratap Singh Tomar says:

Sir,
    my canines are the problem they are not straight as compared to all of my teeths, it looks like vampire type and I hate them :(…
    Will you plz help me to tell me what should I do…???

Hi,
      Canine teeth are always slightly pointy to serve their purpose. If your canine teeth are too sharp, you can often solve it with cosmetic dentistry. Tooth re-contouring is one of the cosmetic dental procedures that can help in those kind of situations. In this procedure tooth enamel is being slightly adjusted to give it the desired look. Sometimes re contouring on its own is not enough to give the tooth the desired shape. Then this procedure can be combined with tooth bonding. In bonding tooth colored material is applied to the adjusted tooth to easily reshape it. In some cases a veneer would work better than a simple bonding.

• Brit Rhodes says:

I had braces for a year and a half then took them off because my teeth straightened perfectly. I never wore my retainer and my teeth didn’t move. I had to get braces in 8th grade again because one of my teeth came in weird and I got them off in February, in 9th grade. I wore my retainer then I didn’t wear it for 2 days and my four bottom teeth went completely crooked!! I don’t want braces from the orthodontist I went too again because he was horrible (I’m overseas now)

Hi Brit,
      Sorry to hear you are experiencing crooked teeth again. A retainer makes sure that the aligned teeth stay in their new location. Unfortunately not wearing it drastically reduces the chances of the teeth staying that way.
      I would suggest you to keep wearing your retainer as it may fix the situation. There are different types of retainers: Hawley retainers, clear plastic retainers, fixed retainers. Changing the type of a retainer you wear might make it easier for you to wear it more often. If it bothers you that your retainer is noticeable then going with a clear plastic one might be a good idea. I would however consult an orthodontist before making any changes.
      If you are not happy with your orthodontist I would strongly suggest you try and visit another one. Having a good orthodontist does affect the results you end up with.
      Thank you for your question. Hope you will have a straightened teeth once again soon.

• kibru getachew says:

two of my teeths next to two front teeths one at the left and one at the rignt are demorfed to inside that was a mistake at the childhood i dont push up these tooth when they grow what shall i do now?

Hello, Kibru Getachew!

I don’t think there is some quick home remedy solution exists for you. The best is to make an appointment to an orthodontist to show him/her your case.
      Thank you!

• D says:

Hi,
    I have this gap between my two front teeth on the top and I would like to know how to fix it…

Hi D,
      There are few different ways to treat teeth gaps. In some simple cases teeth gap bands may be enough . This is the most inexpensive method . However it will only work for small gaps. The really complex cases may require braces or retainers. Veneers, Crowns, Dental Bonding and Dentures are also used to fix teeth gaps. I actually have an article that discusses ways to treat teeth gaps in lots of details. You can read it here. I believe you will find all the required info about fixing your front teeth there. Thank you for your question . Hope I could help.

• Jessica says:

As a dental professional I can truly say that this is an awful recommendation. Dentists go to school for 4 years after college and a board certified orthodontist is another 2ish years after that! There’s a reason braces are expensive. Dentists do not go to school for 8-11 years for free!!!

Jessica Hi,
      I am sorry you got the feeling I am trying to underestimate the importance of dentist’s profession. That is not what I was trying to do at all. As I state in the post “the best person who knows how to straighten your teeth is your orthodontist” . I do recommend everyone getting dentist’s evaluation about the best method for straightening their teeth. However too many people mistakenly believe that braces are the only way to fix any teeth misalignment. There are lots of reasons why one may not want or need to wear the standard metal braces. Price is only one of those possible reasons. I believe it is important for everyone to understand how braces work, what to expect when wearing them and know what other options are there for straightening their teeth.

• Suriya Prabha says:

Hi,
    1)I have my front four teeth extended out compared to other teeth. But, I can close my mouth.So, my family members advising me not to wear brace. Is it necessary for me to wear brace?
    2) my front four teeth have gap and I am not comfortable with that. I am too conscious while I smile.
    3) I have some white layer devolped on my teeth. Why it so? Is it due to any deficiency?
    4) Right hand, lower jaw premolars and molars are up than upper jaw. Can it be altered with braces?

My mom says, if u apply some gentle pressure on your teeth after u get up, ur teeth goes down. Is it true or myth?

Hello, Suriya Prabha!

Thank you for your comment. I will try to answer your questions:

1. This situation, in which you can close your mouth with teeth extended out is not a reason not to get braces:). Orthodontists recommend braces mostly to improve oro-facial appearance of the patient. If that situation doesn’t bother you, you can stay without braces. But without proper orthodontic care you might develop some other teeth problems. For example periodontal, or gum disease, when your gums don’t fit securely around your teeth, leaving more room for bacteria to grow; increasing the risk of tooth decay, cavities and gingivitis because of difficulties to clean your teeth right.

2. Okay, so you have also a gap in between these four extended teeth. There are a lot of options to fix that. Simple gaps can be fixed with simple teeth bands while bigger gaps might require crowns, teeth bonding or other more serious dental procedures. We have a great article on How To Fix Gaps In Teeth. You can read about all the different gap fixind methods there.

3. White layer on the teeth can be a result of plaque or debris that is gathered around the gum line. When plaque remains on your teeth, it hardens into tartar. Initially white tartar layer can quicly become stained by food or smoking. A professional cleaning by your dentist will take care of this problem. White spots on teeth can also be a result of damaged tooth enamel. Calacium phosphate pastes, fluoride re-mineralization and baking soda are some of the possible methods to deal with this problem. So I still advice you to see your dentist to determine an exact cause. Sometimes it may be because of the other reasons like illness during tooth development,or the effects of fluoride.

4. This question is a complex one. It really depends on your exact case. In some cases the height difference is caused by teeth not being in the right position. Then braces can be a solution, other cases will require a different dental approach. That is also something I would recommend you to see a dentist with. Getting a professional evaluation will help you decide if braces is something you need to consider.What your mom said about applying gentle pressure on your teeth to affect their movement is right. That is mainly how braces work, You however have to be careful and very consistent to actually see results from this kind of pressure. This can only work for very simple cases.

Hope it helps.

• Iris says:

I have a question… my teeth are all out of place, they all have different positiona , I mean there’s no gaps the just go up and down in different ways and front and back wards. It really bothers me personally because I’m in modeling classes and that’s where i’m leaning for my future. it would help if I could have much straighter teeth and not many people pay attention to it but I do. I don’t want braces for both reasons, I don’t got any money, and it would bother me for the time that I would have it on. So what can I do? It would really help Daniel

Iris Hi,
      If we are talking about lots of teeth that are misplaced then orthodontics would probably be the only option. Home remedy methods mentioned in the article can only work for slight re-positioning. Very noticeable metal braces that are bonded to your teeth is really not the only thing orthodontists can offer you now days. There are removable transparent braces , called Invisalign, which you just wear on top of your teeth. Those are almost unnoticeable and can be removed for eating and brushing purposes. There are also ceramic braces. Those are bonded to the teeth just like metal braces but have tooth colored brackets that make them much less noticeable. Another discrete option for braces are lingual braces. Those are metal braces which are placed on the back of your teeth. All of the options are not very cheap. However many orthodontics offer convenient payment plans that allow you to spread payments over several years. Another more affordable solution is dentist schools. You can find schools that offer orthodontic treatment that is much less expensive than the treatment offered by experienced orthodontists. In those schools you are being treated by students, but they are under professional supervision. Thank you for you question. Hope this answer was any help.

• Johana says:

I have three teeth on the bottom that are cricket and everybody keeps talking about them. Also two teeth on top.. how an I get them fixed?

Hello, Johana!

Thank you for your question. Getting braces is always the option to straighten your crooked teeth. There are a lot of different types of braces. You can read our quick guide to getting braces for more information on braces. I think that the best route in your case is to show your teeth to your orthodontist even if you don’t want to get braces. Orthodontist can also guide you to other methods on how to straighten your teeth without braces like clear plastic removable aligners, retainers or dental veneers, if that is applicable in your situation. As you have a few crooked teeth, I think that simple home remedies like dental floss won’t work as effectively or as fast as you would want them to. Recently I found a home remedy idea in . This video is about using moldable plastic from InstaMorph, but I’m not sure if it’s safe to place this kind of plastic in your mouth. I contacted support to find out more about it. I will let you know once I get an answer. Hope it helps.

• Princess says:

Hi! My first question from u is that How to stop pain when braces are applied to teeth and rubber bands are hanged….My second question is that for how many years or months Aligners are used?

Princess Hi,
      There are different methods that can help reduce the pain experienced once you get braces. The most obvious one is taking pain relief medication. There are however home remedy techniques that can also help. Rinsing your mouth with salt water, eating frozen treats, holding something warm against your jaw or massaging your gums are just few of the methods that can help with reducing pain. I have a post that deals with methods for braces pain releif, you can read it here and get some other ideas.
      As for your second question , it is hard to give an exact answer. Treatment time really depends on how severe is the case. The more the teeth have to move to get into straight position the longer the treatment will take. With aligners it is ussually somewhere around 10 month to 2 years. It is best to get an evoluation apointment with an orthodontist to get a more exact answer.
      Thank you for your questions.Hope I could help.

• Khushi says:

My teeth is not straight and my friend tease me so plz tell me what can I do

Hello, Khushi!

If you feel something wrong with your teeth, first of all, make an appointment with your orthodontist. The orthodontist will guide you through different options you have, with and without braces and offer you a treatment plan. You don’t have to start straight from this plan, you only need to know a qualified review of your teeth. You can also get a second opinion from other orthodontist and compare the prices. You can try methods without braces that include: clear plastic removable aligners, retainers, dental veneers, palatal expanders, Invisalign. You can research every option to see if it’s a good fit for you. You can also try home remedies, but please note that they won’t work as effectively or as fast as you need them to.

Hope it helps. Thank you!

• shankar chavda says:

I am 19 year old boy my teeth position is not regular not straight plz suggests me how can my teeth is straight cheaper way

Hello, Shankar Chavda!

You have a few options to straighten your teeth without braces if you want to go by that inexpensive way. But the best way is to show your teeth to orthodontist first and to find out all your treatment options, even an expensive ones. The orthodontist may also guide you to the methods without braces. In case the methods without braces won’t help, you can always get a few offers for your treatment plan, compare them and find the best price. The treatment options without braces include: dental veneers, clear plastic removable aligners, Invisalign, retainers, palatal expanders. You can research each option to see if they’re good for you. Recently I found a home remedy idea in this video about using moldable plastic from InstaMorph, but I’m not sure if it’s safe enough to place this plastic into your mouth. I already contacted the company support and asked them about it. Will update you soon.

Hope it helps.

Update:

I’ve got this answer from Brian (The InstaMorph Team):

Thanks for your question. InstaMorph is a non-toxic material, so to the best of our knowledge, there isn’t anything harmful in it. That being said, we aren’t certified food contact safe and we created InstaMorph as a hobby material, not for dental applications. Any usage of InstaMorph for this kind of application or any other use, the risk is assumed by the customer.

• nishant says:

My teeth are getting front with gums and its looking horrible do I have any remedy..

• Daniel says:

Hi Nishant,

Applying slight pressure on the teeth you want to re-position is the main idea behind orthodontics. That is how braces work. Home remedies for straightening teeth are based on the same thing. You can use your tongue to push the teeth in the desired direction. If you keep doing it regularly you might experience an improvement. The result will only be noticeable for very simple cases of misaligned teeth. If you have lots of misplaced teeth home remedies are unlikely to work for you. Then you might consider getting braces , retainers or removable aligners as I discussed in the above article. Hope it helps.

• Arishah says:

Hi,
    I am 16 years old .People say to me that my teeth are absolutely straighten but when i see my pictures they look like oblong and gives my face an oval shape, doctor can I straighten my teeth without braces with put some pressure on it daily ,,,kindly reply me

Arishah Hi,

Thank you for your question. It is possible to slightly affect teeth positioning just by applying gentle pressure in the right direction. You will need to be patient and consistent to get actual results. The pressure can be applied just by your tongue. Some people use their fingers or dental floss. You have to be careful though not to push too hard. This method works only for simple cases. Since others don’t notice any problem with your teeth , it might actually work for you. Hope it helps.

• Sara says:

I dont have straight incisors in both my jaws. My dentist removed my right incisor from upper jaw which was very above in my gum. Now there is a gap between teeth. Please tell me how to solve this problem. And in my lower jaw all four incisors are not straight. Please tell about this too. I cant afford braces. I’d be very kind of you! 🙂

Sara Hi,

Thank you for your question. I believe that there are few ways for closing the gap between your teeth. Since it is a tooth size gap simple procedures, such as gap bands and dental bonding probably won’t work. I believe that this situation will require one of the following dental treatments: Implants , Crowns or Dentures. The last one is used mostly for cases with a gap that resulted from a missing tooth. You can read more about each of the treatments in my post about way to fix teeth gaps.

As for your question about the lower incisors: home remedy solution might only work for very simple cases. If the teeth need just a slight re-positioning then you might try and apply slight pressure on them in the desired direction. That will only work if done consistently. If you chose to go that path make sure you are not applying any actual force as that can cause serious damage.

Wearing a retainer might work. It is a cheaper alternative, but only works for certain cases. It is important to check with your dentist to see that the solution is suitable for your exact case. Sometimes getting crowns on the crooked teeth may present a good enough aesthetic solution. There are also different appliances ( such as herbst, head-gear, ortho-t and others) offered in some of the dental clinics that may offer teeth straightening solutions. It is, however, best to consult with your dentist about your particular case. Hope I have been of some help.

• Mishal says:

Hi Daniel! Im 40 years old and my uper and lower jaw incisors are outwards. Although they are straight! My Dentist said i cant have braces. Can you tell a way to push them back and look good? Because they make me less confident. Thankyou.

Hi, Mishal!

I’m glad you contacted us!

This is a hard issue. If your dentist has told you braces won’t work, have you talked about retainers or any other less invasive remedy? Braces can be used for any issue as long as the structure of the mouth can support the braces.

If the teeth and mouth can’t handle braces, there are other issues happening. Gentle hand pressure used often throughout the day may slowly start to put them in place. I had a gap I closed and that worked well for. It takes a long time to see results and you have to be diligent.

Things like the tooth bands and home retainers may make the problem worse. I would need to know more about the specific issue before giving you options. I really suggest that you revisit your dentist and question them on the options. In this article, we give out several.

If your dentist isn’t willing to answer your questions, I recommend finding a new dentist. There are many that will answer your questions and point you to a better smile.

• tipsik says:

Hi,I have a problem with my 4 outside buck like teeth I am appliying force since 6 years because of my teeth I have upper lips too….

• Närumiî Chân says:

hi I Want help I want straight teeth . my front teeth is larger than the rest plz answer ??

Hi,
      Thank you for your question. Cosmetic dentistry offers several options to fix your situation with larger front teeth. It is important to visit a dentist to understand whether the front teeth are actually too big or is it that the rest of the teeth are too small. For larger front teeth tooth recontouring is one of the options. In this procedure, the length of the longer teeth is readjusted to match the length of the other teeth. This procedure is only safe if the length that needs to be readjusted is smaller than 1mm. Some doctors even limit it to 1/2mm length. If the length is greater than that, this procedure may cause tooth sensitivity. Composite bonding, veneers and crowns are something to consider when a slight tooth reshaping is not enough to fix the problem. A more conservative approach would be to use braces or Invisalign to affect the positioning of the teeth.

• Mellissa says:

My 8 year old has extremely crooked gapped teeth. Is there a way I can help her between now and when she is old enough for braces? She is being teased.

Mellisa Hi,

Thank you for your question. I am sorry to hear your kid is being teased. The good news is that most kids will soon have braces too, so it will not be considered weird. It is actually considered a wise choice to get a child to visit an orthodontist in an early age. The recommendation is for a child of 7 years old to already have an orthodontist appointment. The reason for this is that it is often easier to reshape the still growing jaw and the upcoming teeth. Sometimes just pulling out a baby tooth early enough can influence the way the new teeth will grow. Many orthodontists recommend using dental appliances in an early age, saying that that will positively affect the condition of teeth later on and will make the period of wearing the actual braces shorter.

• Amanda says:

well i am 13 years old and my family doesn’t have a car and my mom isn’t willing to by me braces and i have one tooth that is really weird shaped and I’ve tried pushing it into the right direction but it seems to be stuck behind my other tooth they are my two front teeth so you can imagine i look like an idiot and with me being 13 i want to start dating but how can i do that if when ever i smile guys just run away? please help!

Hi, Amanda!

I’m glad you asked!

My wife still has crooked teeth. I didn’t even noticed that until she herself brought it up. For me, her teeth are a part of her and I love her the way she is. As cliché as it is, you too will find a mature boy that will accept your teeth and love you for you. Just be patient.

But, since you’ve heard all that before, let’s talk about your options. First, fixing your teeth isn’t fast. It will take years to move them back into place. Are your teeth that bad that having braces until you are 16 will be better? You may have braces for 2 to 4 years or your entire high school life.

If there are financial constraints, your guidance counselor will be able to present options for your local area that provide transportation, low cost dental, and/or reimbursement. There are also many dentists around the country that will work for free if you have the right connections and meet certain criteria.

With your one tooth being stuck behind another, you won’t be able to move them on your own. Doing so would create more problems. This is truly a decision you and your family should make with your dentist.

• Muyeez says:

Can i push my teeths often plz suggest me

Muyeez Hi,

Thank you for your question. Applying constant gentle pressure on teeth to affect their positioning is the idea behind braces. Some people use it without braces for a long time period and sometimes achieve slight teeth movement without getting braces. That can only work for very simple cases with tiny single tooth displacement. It is very important to not overdo with the pressure and only apply it in the right direction.

• Malaasa says:

I have short teeth and my canine teeth is not equal to my other teeths, it’s too forward and it’s quite embarrassing for me to smile as I don’t have a perfect smile (teeth)

• Susan says:

Hi Malaasa!

I’m happy to help you. My teeth are different lengths, too. I have chosen to accept my teeth as is. There are no structural issues, and the work that would need to be done is extensive.

Now, if your teeth are at odd angles, this is something your dentist can talk to you about. They will recommend different options to realign your teeth. Bands to use at home for straightening are not designed for this kind of issue.

For the lengths, this is much more extensive. Tooth recontouring is only safe for tiny length adjustments. If the length difference is big enough to notice, then your dentist will not file down your canines. This is a dangerous and potentially destructive technique. Those who have done this for cosmetic reasons have found the integrity of the tooth is greatly diminished and they lose their teeth quickly.

The options presented will be caps, bridges, and implants. All of these need to be done by a dentist or orthodontist. They will create a false tooth or piece of tooth and attach it to the real tooth. (The techniques are explained in more detail in this article.) If the tooth is not in good shape, they may remove the real tooth and implant a whole fake tooth.

• jazz killen says:

I m having gap between. My teeth. I don’t like to apply bracez .it pains me alot.so wil u give me a home redeems to put my teeth in proper order.

Hi,
      Thank you for your question. Braces are not the only treatment available for gapped teeth. Gapped teeth can be fixed with gap bands, dental bonding, crowns, veneers, dentures and other dental procedures. Gap bands are the easiest and most affordable method. But it works only for simple cases when the gap is not too big. It can be considered a home remedy solution for a gap in teeth. However, I would advise you to get dentist supervision when using them to avoid damaging your teeth. For a bit larger gaps, dental bonding might be a good option. It is a relatively simple cosmetic procedure that can transform gapped teeth into beautiful looking teeth in a matter of just a few hours. I have a post that deals with different approaches to fixing a gap in teeth, you can read it here. Hope this will help you find a solution for fixing your teeth gap.

• akshay says:

hiiii doctor
    my upper jaws one front teeth is slightly front can I solve this problem it always give me one shy feeling in my smile
    plzzz help

Hi, Akshay!

I’m glad you asked that question (even if we aren’t doctors here).

In the case of a tooth that isn’t aligned, a dentist can tell you what is happening. It may require something as extreme as braces. Or there may be lots of other options.

If the tooth is just slightly out of place and not causing eating or talking issues, we recommend accepting your smile as it is. No smile is perfect. Manipulating your teeth can have life-long negative reactions. If you try a home technique and it doesn’t work, the cost of repair goes exponentially higher.

There are some home remedies. Tooth bands work when there are only slight problems. The gently help maneuver your tooth back into place by using the correct teeth as a brace. There are more in this article.

Retainers are another way to go. These require a dentist to create. We recommend you use a dentist regardless of your choices in treatment. They will be able to tell you if the tooth band will work and what the risks are. They may also find other structural problems that need to be addressed.

• beatrice says:

Hi. My two upper teeth grew inside that when I smile or chewing they go inside my lower teeth. Is there way I can make them come outside my lower teeth? Thanks

Hi, Beatrice!

Thank you for your question. That sounds like an underbite. It’s a structural issue where your jaw is either misaligned or your teeth are misaligned.

There are ways to correct this, and all of them include working with a doctor. Depending on the severity of the misalignment, everything from simple exercises to serious surgery may be required.

The good news is that it is correctable. Visit a local doctor to be properly diagnosed and discuss treatment. I would also recommend visiting a chiropractor and/or holistic dentist. The chiropractor will look at your neck and jaw to see if the problem could be fixed with adjustments. This is fast becoming a popular treatment. It is lower in cost and less invasive.

A holistic dentist would also start with exercises and routines that adjust the way the muscles work and aim to remedy the alignment problem without being invasive.

• miranda fullk says:

hi iam 13 years old i have a lot of messed up teeth my family does not have a car and i don’t think we will ever be able to afford braces let a lone a car. As you know I will start to want start dating i cant do that if i have un- straight teeth so how can i straight my teeth in an easy way PLEASE HELP thank you!

• Susan says:

Hello Miranda!

This is a common concern of teenagers.

First, you will be fine if you have un-straight teeth. Dating may seem like a big deal now, but when you are 20 you will laugh at yourself. Perfect teeth are nothing when compared to a strong spirit and confident personality. Trust me when I say the people who matter (not boys) won’t care anything about your teeth, only about your potential and how to help you reach it.

We recommend looking at pictures of celebrities, especially Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus (at 13, not now), Jewel, Avril Lavigne, Keira Knightly, Daniel Radcliffe, and Johnny Depp. These people are famous and loved with bad teeth. They made their careers by being good people, not because of their teeth.

Remember, most models and actors/actresses have their teeth photoshopped in pictures. Whitening teeth is a standard for this industry.

If you are concerned your teeth are causing pain or disrupting your ability to eat or talk, visit a dentist. While they will require a parent or guardian to be with you at 13, they will be able to work with you to find out what options are available to you.

If money issues are truly desperate, visit your school counselor. They will be able to set you up with a government agency to get you basic dental services. But don’t expect them to pay for straitening your teeth just because you want them to. They will only do it if it is causing problems.

If you do need your teeth straightened, it is not a quick process. You are going to face 3 years of having your teeth in braces, which can be more unsightly than crooked teeth. You will be stopped from being able to do many things because of the metal on your teeth. Then, you will be faced with several more months to years of retainers. This will take you to the end of your high school life.

We recommend you visit a dentist to know what is really going on in your mouth. If you need braces, this will be discussed. If you don’t, then your teeth look good the way they are.

Unfortunately, there are few options available otherwise. All other home remedies won’t work for kids and will make things worse. Do not try them as your teeth and jaw are not grown enough to be able to handle them.

• Sam says:

hi there my teeth is misalign please tell me how can i make my teeth straight i am so sad because of my teeths….

Sam Hi,

Thank you for your comment. There are different approaches to teeth straightening. It really depends on how severe your misalignment is and how exactly are your teeth misaligned. Teeth gaps, for example, is something that can be fixed with various methods including very simple ones like gap bands. On the other hand, there are severe bite problems that can only be fixed with traditional braces. Invisalign, for example, is a modern orthodontic solution that can work for a wide range of, misalignment problems with moderate severity. You really need to get an evaluation appointment with an orthodontist to know what are the options that can work for your specific case. I hope that the posts on this website can give you an overview of solutions you might expect. Sorry for not being able to give you a more straight forward answer.

• Diana says:

Hi, I have had lingual braces for about 8 months already. Two months ago my orthodontist polished the upper front teeth and since then a horrible medium size gap has opened between the upper front teeth and it seems to get bigger every day. I asked my orthodontist why that gap appeared and he says because he is fixing the bite.
    I want a second opinion on whether or not the treatment is on the right track or I should change to another orthodontist. I appreciate any guidance or what is going on 🙁

Hi, Diana!

I’m glad you asked. I recommend you keep asking questions. If your dentist believes the gap is normal, ask why. Have him explain it to you. If this is truly the case, he will take the time to explain it and how it will be fixed.

If you feel your treatment is making things worse or have concerns your dentist will not address, I recommend finding another orthodontist and getting a second opinion. Be sure to tell him what your concerns are, the current treatment protocols, and what the other dentist had to say. It is your right. Just be nice. All dentists in an area talk to each other and most of them are friends.

At the 8 month mark, you aren’t that far into the treatment. There have been cases where creating a gap has been beneficial and corrected later in the treatment. Like I said, be sure to ask lots of questions until you are satisfied with the answer.

I wish I could tell you why the gap appeared or if it is normal. Without seeing your mouth, that’s really hard. Let your local professionals help you and remember: Keep asking questions!

• Bablu Bablu says:

My left front incessor is cross which of on the upper of canine can’t we make it straight with out removing premolars

Hi Bablu Bablu!

I’m glad you asked. If your dentist recommended it, you can get a second opinion (from a dentist in person), follow their advice, or ignore it completely. In any case, make sure you know why they want to pull it. If you don’t have enough room in your mouth, pulling may be the only option.

Otherwise, look at the options for invisible braces, damon braces or regular braces. In cases of extreme crossing or misalignment, these are your only options. Both of these need to be done by an orthodontist.

If the misalignment is not bad, you can choose some home trials, such as tooth bands. These gently pull teeth together and work well for gaps.

Other options are implants, bridges, and bonding. You can read more about them in this article. These options need to be done with a dentist or orthodontist.

I don’t recommend using home remedies that promise quick fixes. If you try to move the tooth too far or too fast, you could end up harming the root and having the tooth fall out, or worse, become impacted.

• Cait says:

I have a big gap on my front teeth I was born with I’m tired of getting picked on how do I fix it?

Cait Hi,

Thank you for your question. There are different ways to fix teeth gaps. Sometimes a simple solution like gap bands or dental bonding can be enough of a solution. In some cases, a veneer or a crown is needed. There are also more severe situations that require invasive procedures like implants or braces. You say you have a big gap. How big is it? Each procedure has its own limitation. Teeth gap bands, for example, will only work for gaps that are smaller than 3.5 mm. I actually have a post that is dedicated to this topic. It deals with various ways to fix teeth gaps. You can read it here.
      Hope it helps.

• pradnya says:

Hey…actually I have a 3 front tooth are comes up on my lips I want to straightened them back but I don’t want braces I need home made solution I don’t want braces what to do

Hi, Pradnya!

I’m glad you asked this question because I’m sure many people are interested in something like this. There are several home options available to you, but I want to impress upon you the value of consulting an orthodontist or dentist. By talking to them first, you’ll know if there are any bigger issues you need to deal with than just teeth out of alignment.

Several home options are available for a variety of prices. When I was younger, my dentist told me the gap between my front teeth could use braces, or if I was really persistent, I could gently push my teeth together. It took years and lots of dedication, but it did work. Just remember, it’s gentle pressure. Too much and you could cause your tooth to fall out. A misalign tooth is still nicer than none at all.

There are also dental bands to help place gentle pressure on teeth to move them back. I talked about them in this article.

Invisalign is also a really good option to avoid braces. It’s usually a clear plastic retainer that you use to move your teeth back into place. It’s very similar to braces, but it doesn’t pull on your teeth like that and is way less noticeable than traditional braces. You can read more about Invisalign here. Of course, you need to work with your orthodontist, because they are only available through them and have to be changed every 2 weeks or so.

There are arches, bridges, and implants that can also help, and these all need to be done under an orthodontist’s supervision.

While I did look at several other home remedies, I felt that too many of them were unsafe and/or damaging to your teeth. That’s why I want you to talk to your dentist. They may have other options.

• What the * means above

Please note that the links marked with * are affiliate links and those help me to continue and provide free content on Ebraces.org. For you, it should be the same as a direct link to the same page. However, if you end up purchasing something through it, I will earn a small commission.

You will never pay more as a result of going through my links. Sometimes you might actually save money since I might be able to negotiate better prices or bonuses for some of the deals.

All of the content provided on Ebraces.org is unbiased and is not influenced by any affiliate products. If a product does not have an affiliate program, yet I believe it is something worth recommending, it will still be included in the post, just with a regular link pointing to it.

42 Shares